Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Prosciutto and Fig Roll Ups

I have 5 recipes to post, but I chose to do this one first because I MADE A GIF! I'M A TECHNOLOGICAL GENIUS!!!! 


This is big, people. I will do everything in my power to make every post into a GIF from here on out. Blessing? Curse? Not sure yet.

Anyway - prosciutto and fig roll ups! Are you ever asked to bring an appetizer somewhere and have a weirdly hard time figuring out what to bring? Well, I do. That's where my version of these babies come in. 4 ingredients, no cooking, and everyone likes them (except for vegetarians, sawee guys). The hardest part of this recipe is peeling the prosciutto out of the pack in a single piece - if you can do that, please mentor me.

Beauty

You'll need:
1 pack of prosciutto
Small log of goat cheese
Fig jam (finally found this by the cheese display, but of course)
Arugula

Lay out the prosciutto slices on a cutting board. If they aren't too mangled when I get them out of the pack I like to cut them in half. Add 1 tablespoon of goat cheese on the top 1/3 of each slice, then follow with a teaspoon of the fig jam. If you have it, add some fresh-cracked pepper over the top. Add a bit of arugula (I used mixed greens this time), and then roll them up. If this is confusing please just stare at the GIF for a while, and then it'll all come together. Voila! You're done! Go impress your friends!




1 comment:

  1. Yum Yum Yum I recently bought figs --will have to try this soon

    ReplyDelete